Monday, July 13, 2009

Shared Items

I just added a new widget on the right for some "money" articles (earning that title by the default color associated with it) that I've come across while ritually accessing my Google Reader and it's more than approximately 45 sources it so dutifully collects from on the spot...

I share my favorites, and sort through all the other stuff so you don't have to. If you find something you like - subscribe to their blogs; or keep reading mine ;-) It's easy to do, and if you have a Google account - even easier.

I was inspired to add my shared articles to my blog today after a very well written post by a very good friend, Keith Bradbury. He talks about how different competition climbing is and has a very good tone of voice. I shared it to the right, but you can also access it by clicking on his name, just above.

I empathize with him fully - and after this past June, having qualified for the US team and not climbing to my potential, empathize yet again. It seems like I just can't perform 100% then and there. And one hypothesis that has arisen out of this, answers the question of what makes a good competition climber? And I suspect that part of what needs to be there is an ego. Not a hubris of which could ultimately be a downfall, but perhaps some mixture of cockiness and level-headedness - because, as they have said: If you can't visualize it, you can't do it. Could climbing really be all that mental? Do things really boil down to what we believe is possible? Oh the questions I have...

But until I get my answers, I'll let Uncle Somebody guide the way...

"Practice makes perfect. Or perhaps it should be that an infinite amount of practice makes perfect, but since we are finite we can only ever strive for perfection, which is what I’m trying to do"

About a week left to practice, practice, practice... and maybe try on a big head.

No comments:

Post a Comment